Home > Conferences > Inviting Others > Ministry Leaders
How to Invite Your Ministry’s Key Givers to Generous Giving
So, you want to encourage key givers to your ministry to join you at a Generous Giving Conference ... but what’s the best way to pique their interest? If you already have noticed a pattern of generosity in their lives, then your job is easier than you may think! Here are some practical steps you can take as a representative of the organization they support:
- First of all, make sure that expanding Christ’s kingdom—not necessarily your ministry’s budget—is your real motive for encouraging your givers in their giving. As a ministry leader, examine your heart to see that you are primarily concerned for givers’ spiritual growth, not their money. Consider the example of Paul, who made every attempt to maintain purity when raising funds (Philippians 4:15-18). Understand that as a ministry leader, you are not permitted to solicit donations from anyone attending a Generous Giving Conference—including those you invite.
- Compile a list of key givers to your ministry. Pray regularly for these men and women, asking God to prepare their minds and hearts for a message that will change their perception of wealth and possessions—and draw them into a closer walk with the Savior.
- Order copies of Randy Alcorn’s book, The Treasure Principle: Discovering the Secret of Joyful Giving, as a gift to each key giver on your list. This will help them begin to think about the impact their giving could have on Christ’s kingdom and eternity. You may wish later to seek out their impressions of the book.
- Find a conference convenient to your area or your schedule.
- Write a short letter inviting your key givers to join you at the conference, where they will meet other Christians who have discovered the joy of funding the Great Commission.
- Contact Generous Giving to arrange for conference invitations to be sent to your invitees, or to ask any questions about our conference. Rest assured, we do not sell or share mailing lists with anyone.
- Follow up with a phone call to your key givers to discuss the encouragement they will receive at the Generous Giving Conference. Be prepared to answer frequently asked questions about our ministry and our conferences. Help your givers understand that the Generous Giving Conference involves Scripture teaching and fellowship—NOT fund-raising or solicitation. In fact, solicitation of any kind is not permitted at our events.